Choose a language
Staffing a new location for Deutsche Bank
Staffing a new location for a Deutsche bank
Alexander Mann Solutions supported this organisation ahead of the opening of a new Global Technology Centre in Bucharest, where software engineers would be employed to develop leading applications. Like any organisation staffing a new office in a completely new location, our client faced numerous challenges.
- Announce Deutsche Bank's arrival as an employer in Bucharest, Romania, despite very low awareness of the brand, values and culture that sets the bank apart
- Attract skilled software engineers for the new Global Technology Centre
- Source 50 hires in 2013, up to 250 hires for 2014 and 500 hires by 2016
- Scarce information on competitor activity and resources, or on engaging the workforce
- Minimal recruitment team, no managed talent pool, no existing personnel
To understand perceptions of Deutsche Bank in Bucharest, Alexander Mann Solutions carried out an initial talent mapping process. After identifying 270 qualified potential candidates we selected 25 for short qualitative interviews.
We used our research to understand the gaps between our client's offering and market perceptions, and the media channels most frequently accessed by this audience. And, from this, created a targeted proposition to attract and engage strong candidates:
Grow your long-term career in a strong, supportive and stable environment, where your voice is heard and you're in charge of your future. You can drive change - Deutsche Bank is what you make it.
Through our proposition and media insights we developed powerful, compelling and relevant messages. By incorporating these with the Alexander Mann Solutions global toolkit - used for professional hiring campaigns around the world - we ensured our creative campaign resonated in the right places:
- Deutsche Bank Global Technology Centre, Bucharest careers site landing page
- Outdoor advertising in high footfall areas
- Stand at the Top Employers technology event in Bucharest
- Online advertising, social profiling techniques
- Careers event where candidates could be interviewed
- Recruiter tools from local agencies and Deutsche Bank
- Post-interview materials
- Distinctive office branding that reinforced the proposition
We knew candidates were more likely to change their preconceptions about Deutsche Bank after experiencing the office culture first hand. So we held a two-day careers session in the Bucharest office, supported by relevant branding throughout.
In order to hire 45 – 50 skilled software engineers before the initial deadline, we aimed for 1,000 applications with a target of inviting 130 quality screened candidates to the event.
- 104 pre-screen candidates interviewed
- 47 job offers, hitting the target five months ahead of the initial deadline
- 12 candidates in talent pool for future opportunities
A unique outsourced workforce solution from Alexander Mann Solutions delivered £2.8 million in cost savings through an on-site and off-site delivery model.Read more
Citi appointed Alexander Mann Solutions to support Analyst and Associate attraction, hiring and development across EMEA in an onsite and offshore programme.Read more
Learn how a large retailer used resourcing augmentation services from Alexander Mann Solutions to counter high levels of attrition and open new stores fast.Read more
As one of the best known names in UK banking, the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) partnered with Alexander Mann Solutions to re-establish its position as an employer of choice. Part of our solution was a responsive careers website that emphasises the unique opportunities our client offers through its six brands.Read more