Delivering RPO savings for Origin Energy
Talent Acquisition savings
We created a client-branded on-site RPO solution for Australia’s leading integrated energy company. With diverse operations spanning the energy supply chain - and markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific - our client needed to centralise acquisition of contractors, temporary and permanent hires.
- Improve visibility, controls and spend
- Decrease potential for co-employment
- Reduce occupational health and safety (OH&S) and taxation risks
- Launch a talent acquisition outsourcing (RPO) model first for contingent workforce and then for permanent hiring
- Scale up support rapidly to meet an increase of almost 50% in talent acquisition volumes
Historically, the organisation had operated a decentralised model to manage attracting and engaging their contractor and temporary talent. We launched a contingent workforce RPO model in partnership with the client, which expanded to include permanent hiring.
Our solution was soon tested by a large rise in talent acquisition volumes - nearly 50% more than forecast. The team we put in place was able to scale up quickly, with 30% more people to support our client's increased needs.
We now have a scope of services covering all of the clients attraction, sourcing, selection, purchase orders (PO) and invoicing. Our client-branded solution is based on-site in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide, with on and off-shore support for sourcing, administration and business intelligence.
We also manage the partner relationship with other key suppliers - responsible for the contingent worker back-office processes, including engagement, payroll and talent management.
- 2,000 permanent and 1,200 new contractor hires per year
- Implemented client-specific rate card - sourcing candidates at or below market rates
- 100% compliance to background checking and health and safety induction requirements
- Centralised PO and invoice management, reducing administration within client business units
- Payroll savings of more than $5 million from a contractor furlough project
- 84% Hiring Manager satisfaction, 90% candidate satisfaction
- Around 75% of contingent candidates sourced by direct channels
- Over 95% of permanent candidates sourced by direct channels
- Savings valued in excess of $12 million since service inception