Choose a language
Fraudulent Employment Offers
Vigilance in avoiding online fraud
It is important to be vigilant to avoid identity theft, advanced fee fraud and other types of online fraud. Emails and text messages from scammers may have all the appearances of being from a legitimate source.
Alexander Mann Solutions has been notified of fraudulent employment offers being made, via email, to prospective candidates often suggesting work opportunities with a brand name employer. These may be accompanied by brochures and contractual documents. The emails and other documents may use the names and photographs of current and former Alexander Mann Solutions employees.
However, careful review of the email, documents and context will in many cases indicate that something is not quite correct based on one or more of, but not limited to, the following indicators.
- The email address of the sender may not be consistent with an organisation of Alexander Mann Solutions’ size (e.g. underlying Hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo or from some other generic mass market email provider, spelling errors). All genuine Alexander Mann Solutions emails are from the alexmann.com domain name :
- Even this may be faked with a façade but most modern email systems may indicate the inconsistent underlying alternate email address. Alexander Mann Solutions emails do not have any underlying alternate email address.
- The brochures and documents may appear amateurish and not consistent with an organisation of Alexander Mann Solutions’ size or quality. They may also not have the look and feel consistent with our corporate website.
- The contractual documents may require the provision of sensitive personal data or copy documents (e.g. government issued numbers or identity documents, passports or passport numbers, bank account statements or numbers, parent’s data) that may be used for identity fraud. Do not send any such data or copy documents. Alexander Mann Solutions is not likely to require any data beyond that which is necessary to progress a first interview.
- The contractual documents may require the payment of an advance processing, administration, guarantor or other not insignificant payment which may or may not be described as “refundable” on start or some other unlikely event. This is likely to be an advance fee fraud. Alexander Mann Solutions will never request any fee from any candidate or worker.
- The opportunity is directed at candidates or workers who are based outside the country of employment without current right to work in the relevant country. Alexander Mann Solutions tends to only approach candidates who already have the right to work in the relevant country or are in the relevant country (on a non-tourist visa) with a reasonable prospect of securing a right to work.
- They are purportedly from Alexander Mann Solutions employees but the role they are claimed to be in does not match the role that they may identify on their LinkedIn profile
These are fraudulent.
Note: Alexander Mann Solutions does not sell to individuals any new or used assets (cars, computers, mobile phones, etc), whether ours or a third party’s. Do not send monies or deposits to buy or secure any such assets.
If you think you have received a fraudulent email or text message or other communication from Alexander Mann Solutions please contact us to verify the legitimacy of the communication at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also recommend that you contact your local fraud enforcement agency. More general advice is available from Get Safe Online.